Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I just quickly read this book before I started this post. I had not read it since the late 80s. I don't remember what I thought about that book after I read it in elementary school. After reading it now all I can think about is how whiny and annoying this Alexander character is in this book. Please, if the worse thing that happens to me in a day is the cat doesn't want to sleep in my bed and I saw kissing on tv, I would call the day a success.  

Dawn's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I woke up this morning at 330 am, and I could not get back to sleep. At 6:30 I went to get dressed for Court and realized that my suit needed to be ironed or steamed. I knew it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

There was no milk for me to eat my cereal for breakfast and no fruit to eat for breakfast. Then I drove to the Courthouse only to find the car right in front of me to get the last parking spot in the lot across the street. I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Court was supposed to start at 9am but the Judge did not arrive until 10am.. I asked the Judge to dismiss the other parties' case since they had violated every rule of civil procedure. She denied my request and told me that she couldn't figure out how to say my married name so she would just call me Ms. Van Wyk. Then the Judge called the custody evaluator who hated my client the most reliable and best witness she had ever heard testify. It was becoming a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

The Judge then told the parties from the stand without hearing an ounce of evidence from my client that she was going to rule against my client. The Judge then stopped my cross examination and told me my questions were not relevant. When I told her why I thought they were. She then asked me to quote the code section, I requested the Code to give her the exact code section and she denied my request. Then I considered walking out of the Courtroom because of the Judge's ridiculous behavior but rethought my request knowing she could throw me in jail for six months. This was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment