Saturday, March 2, 2013

Congratulations!

I attended a party recently for a co-worker of mine who is retiring from the practice of law to become a Judge. I was reading through the notes that were left to him by colleagues, clients and other professionals all mostly saying the same thing. "Congratulations or achieving your lifelong dream, Judge Block!"

It's not that I didn't know that Craig Judge Block wanted to become a Judge. We had many of conversations regarding his three previous bids which were cut short because of "women and black people" (other's words, not mine!). What I didn't know was that this was his lifelong dream.

It got me thinking- what's my lifelong dream? I'm not just talking the general dream to have a decent job and amazing family. But what would I have to do to get you all to send me cards congratulating me on my lifetime dream.

I decided it is this:  My lifelong dream is to write a book. A good book. About all the crazy things I have learned from all the crazy people I know. It'll be funny. Really funny. And not censored like this blog. And I'm not talking like a book like everybody thinks they can write a book. Like a really legitimate and good book.

So when I write that legitimate, funny and good book send me a card that says "Congratulations on achieving your lifelong dream." And I'll send you a free copy of my book. Maybe.

What's your lifelong dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment