Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tony!

Can you believe it? My little nephew is turning 4 on August 3! In celebration of his birthday, and because it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, we had ourselves a little pool party.

No, this is not a left over Forth of July Cake. This was a special order Costco cake just for today's occasion. Anybody who knows Tony knows that he is obsessed with flags. When Tony and Grandma went to pick up the cake this morning Tony said "Oh, a Flag Cake! Please don't cut it, Grandma!" By the way, if you have never had a Costco cake, I, of course, highly recommend them. Not only do they come with a delicious pudding middle, but this bad boy only cost $17. (This is the only size).

Of course having a cake this big means you should invite lots of guests to help you eat it. I'd say we did pretty well.....
This is only about half of us. Sure, Tommy and I enjoy the pool when it is just him and I relaxing, but honestly, the best part of having a pool is having guests over to swim. Its fun to catch up with friends and family, and nothing beats the smiles and laughter coming out of the kids. Mostly our guests include my aunts, uncles and cousins. I'm nearly the youngest on both sides of my family, so most of my cousins have kids (and lots of them). I love that my cousins' kids would never otherwise never know my name. Now they come running in the house saying "Hi, Dawn!" I LOVE IT! Tommy said to me today "You know, I'm so glad that we have your family over, because your cousins are actually really nice people."

For his birthday, Tony treated us to a brave jump off of the diving board. Can you believe this kid wouldn't even go down on to the bottom step of the pool 4 weeks ago?!

Of course, it was about time that Tony took the plunge off the diving board considering my two year old cousin, Rylee, has been doing it for months!

I hope you all found a way to enjoy Sunday fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment