Sunday, July 31, 2011

I Heart Summer, but.....

I'm really treating (or torturing) my readers today with two posts in one day. It turns out that I have some time today to post, and I have a few topics in mind.

I LOVE Summer! I really do. Summer is more relaxed.  It usually includes a vacation. There are lots of outdoor activities (including swimming!). I love it. But.... for the last week, I have been finding myself wishing for Fall. I hate even admitting this. Its painful to even write, but it is the truth. I keep asking myself why I would wish for Fall.  These are the reasons I have come up with.

1. Pumpkin Bars! Last year I tried this new recipe I found online at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-bars-recipe/index.html. Also, I found this organic pumpkin at Hy-Vee, and it is absolutely fantastic. However, I truly feel like pumpkin bars can only be enjoyed in the Fall.

2. Cinnamon and Pumpkin smells! I love a good candle or scent. In the fall I always have a cinnamon or pumpkin candle burning in the kitchen. I love that smell!

3. Halloween Candy! I love Halloween Candy! (Not as much as Easter and Christmas, though!) I love starting to buy the candy in September and acting like it will last me all the way to the end of October.

4. Decorations! I have some super cute Halloween Decor. I currently do not have any summer decor. In fact, I don't believe that I have had any decorations out since January. Also, I love picking out a pumpkin for the front step and some fall mums.

5. Fresh Air! Maybe it has been the 90+ degrees that we have had for the last three weeks, but I am ready to open some windows and cuddle under my blankets in bed. The man-made breeze is no comparison to that Fall breeze.

Maybe this week I will bake some pumpkin bars, buy some Halloween candy and light a cinnamon candle in hopes that I stop wishing summer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment