Monday, April 1, 2013

Emi Update

Wondering what my little girl is up to? Don't worry. I'll fill you in.

Emi is loving this warmer weather. With her new pair of Nikes on, she is exploring the back deck almost every evening. She is also loving some walks around the block in her stroller.

Emi has some more teeth coming in. That coupled with the flu last week made for one unhappy baby. I feel so fortunate to have found those teething tabs. Her face lights up when I hand one to her.

Her hair is getting so long, but is not yet long enough to put in a pony. (I know because I check several times a day). Today when I was combing her hair she did grab the comb from me so she could do it herself. Which she did. Once. And then used the comb as a drumstick.

Chocolate Milk. Girl's favorite food. By far. And, just so you know, my mom makes it better than I do. I tried to make her some from "scratch" the other day. She returned to send quite unhappy. My mom got up and like quadrupled the chocolate, and we had one happy girl again.

It wont be long before Emi starts taking care of Tommy and I. She is already such a good caregiver to her baby, which Tommy and I have renamed Molly the Dolly. She watches me take care of the dolly and then does the same thing. Often we pat Molly nicely. Then the other day in church Emi turned to me and started patting me with her eyes saying "There There, Mama."

I downloaded a few new apps on the ipad. Her favorite is the piano that we play together. That could entertain her for hours!

Other favorite toys include the silverware in the play kitchen and her chair that Tommy and I got her from Pottery Barn Kids. Ok, that chair might have been a little expensive, but she loves that chair so much. We are definitely getting our money's worth.




No comments:

Post a Comment