Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Hard Day's Work

Most of you are aware that my husband and I foolishly purchased a foreclosure home in August 2010. Not foolishly because there have been so many problems with the house. Foolishly because there is so much cosmetic work to do.

Today I hired some help to pull out some dead shrubs and overgrown grasses. My mom, Tommy and I have already spent countless hours in the backyard. There is so much more to do. Below are the pictures from when we first moved in. Tomorrow I will try to get some updated pictures. I'd say we are about 40% done with the outside, and it is looking great! Tomorrow we will probably spend another 5-7 hours outside. Also, hired the same help to come remove another seven shrubs. It seems extreme to remove all of those shrubs, but because the house was empty for nearly two years the shrubs got overgrown and now do not look good.




I am hoping to have my pool open in two weeks!!! My original goal was May 1. I think I'll be lucky to get it open by the 15th but I'm going to keep trying. In the meantime, its barely 9pm, and I am ready for bed.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment