Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am copying a theme from one of my favorite blogs that uses Thursday's posts to show appreciation and thankfulness for the things in her life.

I just got done with a home visit for a guardianship matter that I was appointed. It reminded me how thankful I am to have two loving parents who worked hard to provide things for me, didn't drink alcohol, didn't do drugs, didn't molest me or allow other family members to molest me, and motivated me to be the person I am today. It was not really until I became an attorney that I realized it is a privilege to have not only one, but two, loving and supportive parents. The truth is that many kids never get a chance in life.

I am also thankful for so many wonderful friends. Life is so much easier when you have friends like mine. Even though I may not see many of these friends for periods of weeks or months, I am always thinking about them, and I feel the same support from them.

Lastly, I am thankful for Spring and Summer. I self-diagnosed a mild form of seasonal depression. It usually subsides around April and it feels wonderful to see the sun and spend time outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment