Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Blog and Easter Brunch

Inspired by many friends who are regular bloggers themselves, I decided it was time to start my own blog. I'm somewhat uncertain of the success of this blog given that the blogs I read of my friends usually largely encompass post about the children. Luckily I have an awesome nephew I can brag about on the blog until Tommy and I show a lapse in judgment and decide to have our own.

Although my nephew swears I'm his "favorite aunt" it can be somewhat difficult to bribe him to stay at my house without his mom or his grandma. In fact, tonight my sister and mom were both at my house. When my sister went to leave Anthony said "I want to go to Mommy's house." Anthony loves my front load wash machine and I had waited all day to do my laundry until he came over. I told him we still had two more loads of laundry to do that I could not possibly complete without him. He agreed to stay.  A little while later when my mom was getting ready to leave he told us "I want to go sleep at Grammy's house." This time I had to bribe him with a bubble bath.

During his bath, Anthony and I had the following conversation:

Anthony: "I saw two stars in the sky- one - two. I cant reach the stars. It is too high. I need a ladder."
Me: "Should we get Mommy's ladder."
Anthony: "No, lets get Grandpa's ladder. It is in the garage."

Tomorrow is Easter! Tommy and I always make a big Easter Brunch. I just got done putting together the last few recipes. Tomorrow's menu includes Cheesy Hashbrowns, Honey Ham, Bacon, Omelets and Fresh Fruit. Also, we are adding a few new dishes inspired by our recent trip to Las Vegas and brunch at the Bellagio. They are: Chocolate Hazelnut Banana French toast and Champagne. If they turn out decent I'll post a pic.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment