Monday, May 13, 2013

To The Best Mom in the World...

Tommy and Emi have been in Houston since last Wednesday. I miss them. Dearly. They'll be home on Wednesday. And I can't wait to have my family back home. 

In the meantime, I'm reminded about what a wonderful family I do have. While Tommy has been gone my mom has kept me busy, helping me clean my pool, clean my garage, shop at Sam's club, plant flowers, whatever it takes. 

As I was filling my day with work and other things I said to my mom "Do you think when Emi grows up she will appreciate all the things I am doing for her to try to make her future better?"
My Mom said "I don't know- did you appreciate those things?"

Sadly, I probably do not express my appreciation enough. And sometimes it's easy to forget that all the things my mom does for me is not because she is obligated but because she wants to. I'm so blessed to have her.

So, Mom, thanks for everything you do for me.  And thanks for being such a wonderful, thoughtful and caring Mom to me. And Erin. Oh, and you're the best Grandma for Emi. And Anthony. And Sam. Oh, and thanks for paying for my college.

[Insert embarrassing picture of Mom for 1980s]

No comments:

Post a Comment