Monday, August 22, 2011

Recipes!

If you are looking for something to blog about, I would LOVE to have you post links to some of your favorite recipe. Tommy and I generally eat the same thing over and over because I am reluctant to try something new. Below are some links to some of my favorite recipes.

 PUMPKIN BARS I've mentioned before that I LOVE these pumpkin bars. I made a batch the other day when my family headed to the lakehouse for the weekend. They were gone by the end of the weekend! My secret hint to this recipe is to use organic pumpkin. You can buy it in the organic section at HyVee. I have also found it at target right next to the regular canned pumpkin!

SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP Have you ever been to Houston's? Not the city, the restaurant? They have this wonderful Spinach and Artichoke Dip. I found this recipe years ago, and it has never disappointed at family events. Some hints for this recipe is that I don't actually make the chicken broth, I just use Swanson's Chicken Broth. Also, the pecrino romano cheese you can find in the special cheese section at HyVee. This recipe may seem difficult to make, but it really is not!

CORNBREAD STUFFING This stuff is amazing! I found this recipe for the holidays in 2008 and have made it every Thanksgiving and Christmas since then. This is not the typical stuffing that you think of in a turkey. In fact, we never put it in the turkey. We make it as a separate side dish and we always double the batch because its that popular!

MAC N CHEESE I love fancy mac n cheese. I am always on the lookout for a good recipe. This is the recipe that I have been using the most. Its an adaption from one of Tommy and my favorite BBQ restaurants, Smoques BBQ in Chicago.

CHICKEN CARBONARA Tommy and I do not make this too often. But it really is a treat. Its fairly easy to make too. We pick up a Rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. The pancetta we find in the fancy deli meat section at HyVee. The pancetta can be a little pricey, which is annoying, but this is a good recipe if you are looking for a change. Also, leftovers are good. Note: we skip the walnut and lemon peel.

SPICY MACARONI Did I mention I'm always on a lookout for a good Man n Cheese recipe? This is another favorite. In fact, if you want something more sophisticated, then choose this recipe! It wont disappoint!

KAHLUA CHEESECAKE I love cheesecake. I do not have it too often because it can be difficult to make or it is too expensive to buy at the Cheesecake Factory. Admittedly, I've only made this recipe once, but it was great! Who wouldn't love liquor in their cheesecake?

Now share some of your recipes with me! Be sure to assure me that it is not difficult to make! Let me know if you try any of these recipes and enjoy them! If you try them and they don't turn out- sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment