Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weekend Fun!

I had little expectations for this weekend. This may be why I am enjoying it so much!

After taking a few naps today (blame pregnancy) I woke up around 5:30 with no idea what to do about dinner. Tommy suggested going to one of my Top 10 Des Moines Restaurants- Miyabi 9.



We split this....

This is the deluxe Sushi Platter. For my friends who stress about staying away from certain foods during pregnancy, you should know that I stuck with the vegi rolls and the California rolls which is made with steamed crab and has no mercury! Baby Takekawa will be just fine....

Sushi is not something I had ever had before I married Tommy. In fact, generally when he even mentions Sushi I generally say "no" within point two seconds. Today I was feeling a little more adventurous and agreed. I am glad I did! The Sushi was phenomenal! As always! Miyabi's has lots of other selections than just Sushi so even if you aren't a sushi fan you should still try it if you are feeling adventurous. I highly recommend doing the call ahead seating. The restaurant is quaint and it can be quite the wait as it is very busy on the weekends. We called at 5:30, arrived at 6, and were seated immediately.

After dinner I had planned on dropping my hubby off at the house and running a bunch of errands. Tommy surprisingly told me he did not mind going with me to run errands. Twice I disclosed to him that there were not less than ten stores I wanted to go to, and he still agreed! I had lots of coupons to use!

The best purchase of the night is my Autumn Wreath candle from Yankee Candle! Its a nice mix of cinnamon, spice and apple. I wanted to get the Pumpkin Spice candle, but Tommy liked the Autumn Wreath better. I figure if I ever want him to go shopping with me again I should either not ask his opinion or listen to his opinion when I ask.

Now off to bed as tomorrow we are headed out on the lake nice and early!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment