Thursday, October 10, 2013

Church Songs

I had this really interesting entry I was going to write about people's crazy perspectives, but instead I decided on this:

If you grew up going to church than surely you have giggled once about the song "Low In The Grave He Lay." Of course you sang it "..low in the gravy lay Jesus my Savior!" Seriously, my dad still says the lyrics that way just to get a little laugh (because of course we are picturing a Jesus figurine laying in Grandma's gravy sauce."

I listen to the Christian station in Des Moines whenever I am in the car. A song that is always played is "There Will Be A Day." Lyrics in the song go "...there is no other name by which I am saved" but what I often hear is "... there is no other name- bitch I am saved!" Its Christian Music meet alternative. 

But I can't sing along to those lyrics. Why not? Well because the other day I asked Emi a question and she responded with "Hell Yah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment