Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween


I was a little nervous when putting Emi's costume on tonight because I never even tried it on her. Normally she hates things on her head, but she soon got used to the headband, and she loved her costume! I think she looked pretty cute!

 I went trick or treating directly from work so I gave Tommy strict instructions on what to do at the house. "Turn the outdoor lights on and put the candy on the step." I must have told him two or three times.
 We stopped at Aunt Erin's to see Tony and Sam Batman and Robin! What cuties!!
 Grandma looks like she is on cloud nine!

Then we stopped by Aunt Nita and ran into more cousins! We ended up going trick or treating with them. They taught Emi just how it was done. Kennedy reviewed the rules with us "Only those houses with their porch lights on are the ones we get candy from. Landscaping lights do not count." Little did I know that this rule was useful for adults, as Tommy leaned and said to me "So the lights are how you know the house is handing out candy?!" I think Emi was trying to steal the other kids' jokes by the end of the night. After a few houses Emi was walking up to the door and saying "here you go" while sticking her hand out, so the people knew just where to put the candy! 

Emi had a great time, and we did too! 

And as I pulled into the driveway as Begger's Night was coming to an end I saw that our porch light was not on! I'm thankful Kennedy informed him of the rules. Maybe next year he will listen to me when I tell him to put the porch light on. Oh, and the candy. Yah, he did put it on the step...behind the pumpkins!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment