Monday, May 9, 2011

Recipe for a Perfect Mother's Day!

It's not secret- I love to host a party. And what better celebration than to honor all the wonderful mothers I know.

Here are five essential elements to host a perfect Mother's Day Celebration:

5. Nice Setting. You have no doubt heard me mention the house that Tommy and I purchased last August. Because we moved in at the end of the summer, we never had the chance to enjoy our outdoor area the way we should. We have a large deck and recently purchased a patio table. It was such a beautiful day to sit outside around the table and grill on the deck. It was even more wonderful that we could fit all ten guests around the table. Just imagine how wonderful it would have been to have the pool open?!

4. Costco Membership. When planning our menu, Costco always is a key player. This event we heavily relied on our Costco membership. We decided to have fajitas, chips and salsa, and fresh fruit. Costo have this awesome flank steak that was marinated with cilantro and lime juice. Costco also sells this wonderful salsa with mangos. Lastly, to top off our meal, we served a Costco Key Lime Pie! It was magnificent. In fact, the Pie was converted from a Mother's Day pie to a birthday pie when I found out it was my Uncle Don's Birthday! Happy Birthday, Uncle D!

3. Half Mexican Husband. Nothing helps the experience of Mexican food like having your half Mexican husband prepare the food. Tommy is always such a good sport about hosting celebrations. I'm sure that sometimes he would rather spend his evenings or afternoons enjoying his time off rather than hosting my family members over for an event. He always makes sure our meals come out perfect and is such a great host. I'm one lucky gal!

2. Lots of Guests. I love inviting my family and friends over for meals and entertainment. This celebration we were blessed to be joined by my sister, her husband, my nephew, parents, Grandma Vos and my Auntie B and Uncle D. I am lucky to have such a wonderful family. We had such a wonderful time together, and I cannot wait for the next event to invite them all back!

1.  Wonderful Mother. Did I ever mention what a wonderful mother I have? My mom and I joked over the weekend that we were so crazy that people should send us to a mental ward. We figured that was not going to happen because those people need us to much to send us away to a mental ward. After my mom spent the last nine months painting literally every room and ceiling in my house, she has now moved to the outdoors to help me clean it up. We have spent nearly every weekend for the last nine months cleaning and redoing everything at my house. I get so tired sometimes and don't want to do anything, and she motivates me and keeps me working so things get done. She is amazing. This is on top of her taking care of my nephew almost full time, running a large company, and now helping take care of her father-in-law who has become a house guest over the next several months. I do not know how she does it! This is on top of her extreme generosity and big heart. I hope that one day I can be as wonderful mother to my children as my mom has been to me!



1 comment:

  1. You may also be comforted knowing the mental wards are a full up in the state (and across much of the country) so you're safe. A few crazies would have to die before youd have any chance ;)

    ReplyDelete