Tuesday, June 19, 2012

10 things!

Wow - 12 days since I have posted a blog. I would apologize to my blog readers, but with an exception to a few of you, I still post more regularly than you!  My computer had a virus. Finally I just lost my entire hard drive. Luckily I have lost my hard drive on so many of my computers in the past that it is not a traumatic thing for me. I am good about saving my pictures on a SD card. And my pictures are the only thing I care about on my personal computer.

Here are ten things we have been up to!

1. Basketball. I hate the NBA. My husband loves it. Its playoff season which means for the last month we have been watching NBA games about every other night. I don't like them, but I cant stop watching them.

2. Reading blogs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blogs I read. I feel like even though I haven't talked to a few of my friends in a month I know everything I need to know. Also, I get to keep up with people who I know who are living some very interesting lives. All I have to say is Sarah, you are handling your return to South America much better than me!

3. Growing! Emi was supposed to have her 4 month appointment a few weeks ago but my doctor had jury duty. When I tried to reschedule her appointment I was told he was booked until August. What?! Don't worry I complained for about 10 seconds and suddenly there was an opening for Friday. I'm anxious to see where she falls on the height/weight chart.

4. Work is so busy right now. Also, lots of staff taking vacations which means extra work for me and no time to blog at work! Bummer!

5. House hunting. Don't worry we still are not serious about buying a house. I think. We just like to look. Sometimes I think if we buy a different house it would be okay if we didn't have a pool. But then I relax in my backyard and wonder how I could ever live without it. I'm not sure I could ever go to a public pool again! (Haters keep hating!)

6. Time at Clear Lake. See my upcoming post about Father's Day! So fun!

7.  Reading. I finished Andy Cohen's book. It was just average. I am looking for some new reads. People have suggested Hungar games, but I am not usually into trendy books. Fifty Shades of Grey has also been recommended to me but people also say the main character reminds them of my boss. And that makes me want to barf. Projectile style.

8. Playing. Emi is starting to prefer other just as much as she prefers me. And its heartbreaking. When I pick her up from the sitter and the sitter and I are chatting, Emi always stares at her rather than me! I'm being snubbed! At least that means she likes her sitter, right? It's also a good way to make sure to give her lots of attention when we get home. Well played, Emi! You are my daughter!

9. Lunching. I've made an effort to get together with some of my friends and previous co-workers over the past few weeks. So fun to catch up!

10. Living a normal life. I couldn't think of one last thing to put on this list so I asked Tommy for advice. I say "What have we been up to lately?" Tommy says in a very non-interesting voice "Nothing." So there you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dawn! It's been quite the adjustment being back, but it puts a smile on my facing knowing that at least I appear to be handling it!
    P.S. I would have a perma-grin too if I had a daughter as adorable as yours!

    ReplyDelete