Sunday, September 16, 2012

Opposite Office

The Opposite Office- that is where I work. What is so opposite about it, you ask?! Let me see... EvErYtHiNg! (I'm totally into rotating caps and small letters in words right now!).

The staff run the place.

The meanest and rudest employees appear to be the most well-liked by the bosses.

The people with the most items on their calendar are not the people bringing in the most money.

The staff say out loud "I'm going to leave now since my boss isn't here." (as opposed to just saying it to yourself in your head.)

There is no time clock yet a majority of the employees are paid hourly.

We have birthday lunches for employees but often not in the month of their birthday.

Every single employee is given a piece of paper every week that provides information about how much money each attorney brought in that week. (That is really bizarre, right?) Shouldn't that be private?!

Employees are allotted a specific amount of sick leave and vacation yet are paid when they exceed said limits- which happens often.

There are rumors about an employee handbook. I have in fact seen it twice, but I am beginning to think it was a sham and really applied to a different office. For the rules explained in that handbook are nothing I recognize. Yes, my friends, just another day at the law office.



No comments:

Post a Comment