Sunday, September 9, 2012

SeVeN mOnThS!

Emi turned seven months last week. Basically this means more love, more smiles, more giggle and more attitude. Contrary to what we once thought, she doesn't love everything. She doesn't always think Tommy and I are funny. In fact, sometimes she finds us kind of annoying.

For some reason she didn't want to smile at all when we pulled the camera out this time. What a little girl she is becoming!


At her six month check up- that was really closer to seven months- she was 19 pounds (89%) and 29 inches (99%). She is going to be a tall girl, just like the mail man her Great Uncles! Emi was getting so heavy in her infant carrier and had nearly outgrown it, so we bumped her up to this big girl seat. This should get her through her 14th birthday.

 The new car seat is great because she is so curious that this allow her to see a lot more. This also means that when we go to the store or restaurant that she rides in the cart or highchair.
 Above: Checking out the new HyVee.
And dinner at Smoque D's.

During this last month I finally started feeding her foods. So far she loves any type of fruit. She loves sweet potatoes. She feels average about carrots and she HATES peas. I mean hates them! Can you blame her, really?

Right now her favorite toy is the learn and grove table. I help her stand by it and she grooves her little butt off. She turns and smiles at everyone in the room. She LOVES that toy. She sat next to it today for almost an hour just grooving! She also has this rattle that looks like a diamond ring that she loves to shake!

Emi still loves her daycare. She is always happy to see me when I come to pick her up, but I did catch her reaching for Sherry last week when I arrived! I suppose that's the way you want it if you have to put your kid in daycare, right? She will still talk your ear off if you let her.

Either somebody called Emi fat or she is ready to crawl. Often we find her on the ground in a bridge workout position. She can get up on her knees, but I wouldn't say she is crawling yet- still a week or two away, I think.

Emi is starting to look more like her mama, and I really felt that when I compared her six month pics to the first picture above. If you want to see the six month pic, click here!

Here hair is coming in a lot now. I think it will be dark brown or black. Tommy thinks it'll be light brown. Perhaps he knows something I don't.

I'm still amazed how I can love this girl more and more everyday. 

We love you, Emi Sofia!


No comments:

Post a Comment