Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eleven Months!

I'm not sure how it happened, and I'm not sure where the time went, but my baby is 11 months! I think the crazy thing about Emi being 11 months is that I go to different stores and see Valentine or Easter outfits for babies. I then realize that Emi already had her first Valentine and Easter, which makes me feel that she is very old.



Let me tell you about my little doll.

First the bad. Sleeping. Some of your parents may be secretly delighted to hear that my girl doesn't sleep quite as well as she used to. I think it is part to do with our little trip to Houston and part to do with more teeth coming in. Regardless, bedtime has become a time of tears (Emi and I) and yelling (Emi and Tommy). Tommy never wants me to put her to bed because she starts to cry. He wants to keep things peaceful by keeping her up. I reminded him that is how we got to this in the first place. At first when we got back from Houston it was taking over an hour to get her to bed, now the routine is down to about 20-30 minutes. This is nothing like the 10 minutes it took before Houston, but this is what being a parent is all about (as my friend kindly reminded me when I complained to her about this!)

Now the good. Emi is almost walking. Yes, I feel quite confident my girl will take some real legitimate steps prior to the twelve month mark. She has taken a few steps here and there on her own, but nothing I can call the real deal. She does hang on to all the furniture and her grocery cart and walks around quite well.

Emi has four teeth on top, two on bottom, and some more she is getting in the back. She is not willing to let us inspect that situation, so I can't say for certain.

Her hair has grown so much lately, and I love tucking it behind her ears.

Emi will repeat her name after you say it. I'm fairly certain she knows Tommy is "dada" and she also appears to know "mama" but mostly just at night when she screams it from her bed. You can tell she is working hard to try to say more words. Every once in a while she will give a waive good bye as well.

She is totally into doing anything and everything that I am doing. Yes, she has become a little mama. She helps me with laundry. She loves being in the kitchen when I am. And she loves taking care of her dolly. My parents got her a mini kitchen for Christmas, and it is fun watching her play with it! As our sitter says, she is always so busy playing.

I also love watching Emi interact with other kids. She holds her own quite well against the older kids. I hope she keeps her carefree and fun loving ways.


Above is Emi dancing to La Bamba. Always a hit in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment