Tuesday, January 22, 2013

On Iowa

I don't dislike Iowa, but I also don't love Iowa that much. That is until I leave it.

You'd think visiting a State that is mostly Republican and crazy enough to elect somebody like Rick Perry would fill me with enough joy to last the 12 days we were in Texas. But it didn't. I was ready to go home...

I was ready to be where gas is about thirty cents less a gallon.

I was ready to be around less traffic. I'm so over traffic jams.

I was ready to be in my cozy home which isn't more than 20 minutes away from anything that I could possible need- Work- Movies- Shopping- Airport- Lake- Family- Friends- Zoo- Hospital- I mean, seriously anything.

I know you must be thinking "But you must have enjoyed the nice weather, right?" The answer is no- It sucked. It was nice one day while we were there. And I did enjoy that day. But the rest of the days its been in the 40s and it has been raining.

It's funny the perception that people have when you live in Iowa. Tommy's Mom didn't run the furnace when we were there. The house was a good 8- 10 degrees cooler than I keep my house. Which means I was cold. And much colder than I would be at home.

And quite frankly, I'd choose to be in 20 degree weather with snow over 40 degree weather with rain. Nothing beats a fresh white blanket of snow.

Maybe I do love Iowa. a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment