Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life with the Takekawas

Here are some conversations you hear in this house:

Tommy: "While you are out of town, I am going to clean the entire house for you!"
(I return home a day later and see the house may be messier than when I left. I go and put some items upstairs and Tommy and I leave to go get dinner. As we are driving away from the house Tommy sees I left some lights on upstairs.)
Tommy: "Honey, you left all the lights on upstairs!"
Me: "I know. I was trying to find where you cleaned!"

Tommy: "Emi doesn't want to sleep. I don't think she needs a nap today."
Me: "Of course she needs a nap. Sleep is so important for baby's brain development."
(Emi proceeds to take a three hour nap)
Me: : "Wow! Emi had a great nap!"
Tommy: "I know. I bet she learned a lot during that nap!"

My dad while at my house for dinner: "I overheard somebody praying for an extension of their unemployment benefits."
Me: "That's weird. Shouldn't they be praying for a job?"
Dad: "I know. That's like praying for your wife to die so you can marry somebody else."

No comments:

Post a Comment