Friday, January 31, 2014

At Arm's Length and with Oven Mitts On

There is no doubt about it, my parents give great advice.

For example, anytime my mom hears somebody complain about their husband, the response is "They are all the same so you better just stick with the one you got." I have often repeated that to myself my friends. In fact, while having lunch with a friend the other day, listening to my friend complain about her husband, she told me she often repeats my mom's advice.

My dad, well he gives good advice too. The difference between my mom and dad's advice and commentary is more... colorful.

Here are some tidbits he has given lately:

"When you were studying for the bar exam I saw you sweating drops as big as horse turds."

"Oh yah? Well I categorically deny everything."

"You need to deal with them at arm's length and with oven mitts on."

No comments:

Post a Comment