Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Aniversary!

On December 30, Tommy and I celebrated the successful completion of our 5th year of marriage!

Tommy surprised me with these beautiful flowers:


The note read in part "...  you are an awesome wife and even better mom..." Which I decided to take as a compliment, but also responded with "Well, I'd pick being a mom over being a wife so..." This sparked quite the conversation at work in which all the other moms decided they just couldn't possibly decide whether they would pick their kids or their husband if they had to choose. Are you kidding me? To me, it is a very obvious answer: if you have to pick whether you have your child the rest of your life or your husband- of course you pick your child! I mean, do people really go the hospital during child birth and say "In case of an emergency pick my wife over my kid." No way! And think- they don't even know the kid at that point. Anyway... I told that story later to Tommy and he said "Well, if they all had Emi has their kids they would pick her too!" Love him!

Tommy and I had dinner at our special restaurant- PF Changs. It became our special restaurant on Valentine's Day 2005 when Tommy and I were going to Houston's, our favorite restaurant. When there was a three hour wait- we opted for PF Changs to go, and ever since we eat there usually every Valentine's Day and an occasional anniversary. (Though Houston's is still our preference!)

Here are a few oldie but goodies of us circa 2003 -2005 (Yes, we've been together since 2003!)




I decided to do an Anniversary Quiz:

1. What is the best part about being married?
Tommy's Answer: You get to share your life with the person you love and make great memories.
Dawn's Answer: You get to co-mingle bank accounts so what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine.

2. What is your favorite memory of us?
Tommy's Answer: All the roadtrips we take.
Dawn's Answer: Anything that involves Emi. Oh, and the roadtrips.

3. How many kids did you want to have before we got married and how many do you want to have now?
Tommy: 4 - 4
Dawn: 3 - 3

4. What is the other person's best quality?
Tommy's Answer:: There are too many to name... but most caring.
Dawn's Answer:  Biggest heart I have ever seen

5. What is the other person's worst quality?
Tommy's Answer: Indecisiveness
Dawn's Answer: Biggest heart I have ever seen.

Excited for the next five years!

No comments:

Post a Comment