Sunday, November 25, 2012

I love Black Friday, right?!?

You know this dutch girl loves herself some bargains. Allegedly no bargain is better than that which is found on Black Friday. For years Tommy and I have shared the passion of reading Black Friday blogs, scanning ads, and finding our best purchase for an unbeatable price. And over the years we have gotten some pretty amazing things.

I remember being in Las Vegas for Black Friday 2011. I remember being somewhat less excited about Black Friday than I had in years past. Even though Tommy and I ordered a laptop, which we have been fairly pleased with, I left the day feeling unsatisfied. I blamed it on my pregnancy and felt that the excitement would surely return in 2012.

 Now throughout this past year I have found many deals. At least once a month I get emails from Limited and Banana Republic for 40-50% off.  I got an Ipad (3!) a few months ago for 20% off. And earlier this month I purchased a new Samsung Galazy III for $.96. I thought with bargains so good, I couldn't even imagine what I'd be able to buy on Black Friday. Little did I know, these great prices all year long were spoiling my Black Friday fun!

So like the dedicated shopper I am, I left the house very earlier with my mom and husband to get that feeling of satisfaction that has been missing since 2010. I started early with an unplanned trip to WalMart. See, Tommy had found two things on Amazon that he wanted to order on their Lightning Deals. We diligently waited by the computers for the time of the deal. I had the responsibility of ordering one of the deals and Tommy had the other. Tommy successfully ordered his deal while my purchase suffered some sort of Operator's error which resulted in my husband being somewhat disappointed with me. Like the good wife I am, I decided to jump in the car and head to WalMart as it was going to be opening in a few minutes and I could purchase that same item at the same price to salvage my marriage. And I am happy to report my friends, I did just that.

 I saw so many shoppers with so many bags I kept feeling the excitement inside that I too was going to purchase something very special for very cheap. But my luck would end there. Banana and Limited and Gap were selling things at pretty much the same price I could buy previously.  A little trip to Kohl's did result in some good purchases with a large result of Kohl's cash to go blow next week. Seriously, how does that place stay in business? I did buy a few random things online. Nothing at a price I want to brag about. And nothing that was enough to leave me feeling that Black Friday magic.


As the day came to an end I decided that next year I probably will just stay at home and tell Emi the stories of how magically Black Friday used to be.

What'd you buy?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment