Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nine Months!

Just when I think it can't get any better Emi starts doing a new fun thing. She is one busy nine month old. Besides the busy social calendar, she is busy learning lots of new things, making new noises, crawling incredibly fast, pulling herself up on anything and everything, and eating any new food we put in front of her. We started giving her those little puff treats in addition to all different types of baby foods. She spotted Tommy drinking milk out of a straw the other day and mastered that skill in a few minutes. She drinks out of her sippy cup during the day and a bottle before bed.


At Emi's nine month check up Dr. Rinderknect said Emi was acting like a one-year old. While she was somewhat fussy and annoyed (Tommy was trying to get the boogers out of her nose) I think he meant it as a compliment.

Emi weighed in at 21.9 pounds (90%) and 29 1/4 inches (95%). We had a different nurse then the last measurements, and she had to measure her height twice because the first time she measured shorter than her six month visit... so I'm not sure about that.

Emi has 4 tooth and a few more breaking through. She has been a real champ with her teeth. Though she drools a bunch, she doesn't fuss too much.

My favorite thing that Emi is does is put her arms up when she wants to be picked up. She is mimicking our sounds all the time and Tommy and I love walking around the house mimicking her!

Emi is still a great sleeper.  She still goes down around 830pm, and I usually have to get her out of bed by 7am. I swear that girl could sleep all day if I let her.

She is truly such a delight. When I picked Emi up today the sitter was having a conversation with another mom at the daycare who said "I don't think I've ever seen Emi in a bad mood."


No comments:

Post a Comment