Monday, November 26, 2012

This Blog is Mostly Me....

I noticed a few days ago that one of my friends hadn't updated her blog in some time. I use blogger reader and figured it was some sort of malfunction. I typed her blog address in and found that her blog was now a private read! What?!? How dare she make her blog private and not send me an invite to read! I quickly facebook messaged her to let her know of her mistake. And the response I got from her went something like this "Dawn, I am sorry to inform you that my in-laws had  HUGE problem with my blog so to salvage my marriage I will no longer be blogging. I turned it to private because there are some posts I want to keep." (Emphasis original).

Hmmmm.... perhaps referring to her husband as her "current husband" in one of her most recent blog posts didn't go over well with her inlaws. (On a side, that is kind of a joke among divorce attorneys because often our clients will refer to their wife as their "current wife" as to distinguish them from their "ex-wife." What they don't understand is they could call their "current wife" "wife" and by placing current in front of it indicates it may not be something permanent.")

But I knew exactly her pain. There are many days I want to get on my blog and vent. There are many posts that are toned down because this is a public blog, and I know many blog posts would offend some. And there are several what-would-be wonderful blog posts that would make a fantastic read.  It is somewhat disappointing to have to do that because I feel like I am cheating my readers and sometimes cheating myself. Also, I have some pretty amazing stories to tell that you wouldn't believe were real anyway. But the truth is, if I could really post those things I'd have an ex-husband, few angry family members, a couple less friends, and no co-workers because I'd be unemployed.

So this blog, my friends and family, you will have to settle for. And know that it is mostly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment