Friday, November 23, 2012

It's Beginning...

... To Feel A Lot Like Christmas.

Here is what my life looked like last November:






I'm starting to feel a lot of stress towards the end of this year. Suddenly it was the end of 2012, and
I feel like nobody warned me. I always love the holidays and this year, I have no doubt, will be no different. But I'm feeling a little bit of added pressure to make sure everything is perfect for Emi's First Christmas. Maybe she will not remember, but she will see the pictures one day.

Now, do you remember our gorgeous Christmas tree from last year?




Yes, that beauty. Do you also remember me blogging about the HOURS of time Tommy and I spent changing out the light bulbs. Well, towards the end of December nearly all the lights burned out again. This means it is time for a new tree this year. I want to go to a tree farm and cut down a tree, but Tommy quickly nixed that idea. So we went to Costco instead.

This weekend I had a chance to run around to a few stores to get some new ribbon, pick up a few ornaments, and start thinking about how to make those Christmas traditions extra special.

I thought a Christmas tradition could be falling asleep in the shopping cart while I picked up some items. This was my nephew last year while I shopped (I heart him!).  But Emi was having none of it on our trip.



 One of my favorite Christmas traditions is the Advent Calendar. We had an Advent Calendar growing up. My mom hand crafted it. I remember the excitement of getting to put another decor from the calendar onto the tree every night. I'm not nearly as crafty as my mom, but some people on etsy.com are. And I found a beauty I hope to order this week.

I felt nearly all my stress subside when I saw a rotating Christmas Tree Stand while at Costco, and when I told Tommy we needed it, he agreed. Now I know our tree will be very special as it rotates in our living room.

On our way home from shopping, Tommy let me play my favorite Christmas song for Emi. O Holy Night. She liked it. And when I asked Tommy how I sounded singing it- he said I was good! It truly  is a special season.

Wherever you are, I hope you find many Christmas celebrations within your own family. And I hope you remember that the Earth's tilt is not the only reason for the season!

O Night Divine!




No comments:

Post a Comment