Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Basement Progress and Summer TV?

Tonight Tommy and I finally got our tv hooked up in the basement. We bought a tv several months ago but never hooked it up. Last week we bought a new couch for our basement which motivated us to hook up our tv. Wow- when we bought this house we had no idea how much we would love having our basement. The basement was about 75% finished when we bought the house, but we had to put new carpet down, we added a fireplace, finished the trim work, and painted it a much more pleasing color. It is such a great space to have, and I really see appreciating this space once we have children.

The bad news about this space is that we do not have the cable hooked up to the tv yet. The cords looks like a mess. Fortunately, the tv has a built in antenna so we have some of the hd channels. Unfortunately, all that is on is The Voice. I had almost forgot that I did not like Carson Daly.

I have a few other projects that I am hoping to finish up this summer. I got the major parts of these projects done but then got tired. The finishing details always makes the difference.

Speaking of bad tv, do any of you have any summer tv shows that you enjoy? I always hate the summer because of the lack of good tv. I always end up watching Big Brother not because I enjoy it, but because it is on three evenings a week. It is about the only show that I watch in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to check out Wilfred on FX next Thursday...looks like it could be funny. USA network has some good summer shows, Covert Affairs and Burn Notice. I usually fall back on NCIS reruns. LOVE that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watch So You Think You Can Dance (W/Th) and MasterChef (M/T). We fall back on Netflix streaming since it is getting more and more TV Series. Try Damages if you haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete