Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday- A Day Early

I know it is only Wednesday, but I have something I am extra thankful for this week so I wanted to share it anyway.

Some of you may have heard on the news that Tommy's bank got robbed today. Tommy generally does not work up by the Tellers but occasionally will if he is offering a translation service. He was doing so this morning when Wells was robbed. Tommy said he noticed the guy in line because he had sunglasses and a hat on, and it was raining here today so that did not make sense. The robber went to the line next to Tommy's, passed a note, said he had a gun, and demanded money. I would love for this story to take a dramatic turn and tell you how my honey pulled out his ninja moves, caught the robber, saved his coworkers, and was named citizen of the year. Instead, after thoughtfully noting that the robber looked very suspicious, he carried on with his own business until the teller next to him exclaimed after the robbery "Ive just been robbed." Thankfully, nobody was hurt. I imagine Tommy is going to be a little spooked over the next couple of days and will want to keep the closet light on when we go to bed.

The robbery prompted me to realize two things:

1. I need to increase my husband's life insurance policy.

2. I work in a bank. We should institute some sort of plan in the event of the robbery. While I understand it would not make any sense for a robber to come to the second floor of the bank, he may panic if he sees police outside and run upstairs. I discussed this plan with Anne and Brenda and we came up with the following plan. Anne declared that she had no talents to save us. Anne really is a friendly lady who can carry on a conversation. Anne will distract the robber while contemporaneously page Brenda by using the code "Ninja." Brenda will then do flips all the way up the hallway until she reaches the hallway. She will then drop kick the robber, take his gun and save us all. I will sit in my office, but unlike my bosses, I will not be hiding under my desk.

Are you thankful for anything this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment