Friday, June 3, 2011

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

My hubby is a huge fan of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We do not necessarily watch the show, but whenever we are traveling to another city he always googles the show with the city to see if there are any places that have been on the show.

We are in Houston right now visiting Tommy's family. Yesterday we decided to go to Niko Niko's, a restaurant that has been featured on the show.

Niko Nikos is a Greek restaurant; however, I was still not inspired enough to have a gyro. Instead, I tried a "Philly cheesesteak" type sandwich. Tommy and Silivia shared a sampler platter. It was nice to try something different. By the way... those yellow things that you see in the pictures are potatoes, not pineapples! Crazy!




Speaking of traveling, I recently read in a magazine that you can use www.bing.com/travel to compare the cost of an airline ticket or hotel that you are contemplating booking. Supposedly this website has the history of airfares and hotel costs and will indicate whether the ticket or room you are about to purchase is a deal, average price or whether you are paying too much.  I have not used it yet so I cannot attest to its abilities, but I will tell you that I often stress about when to buy a ticket and worry about whether the ticket price will go down (since I always buy non-refundable- cannot afford the refundable). It'd be nice to get some confidence in the purchase price to know whether to buy the ticket/room or not. Have any of you used this website?

1 comment:

  1. We used to watch Drive-Ins, Diners, and Dives a lot also. I have one problem with Guy (well, besides the gross hair and facial hair, of course)....he touches EVERYTHING!! Seriously, next time you watch it, notice this. He can't just watch the chef pour the rice into the bowl, he has to have it all flow thru his hands into the bowl. Oh, that sauce looks tasty? Let me put my fingers in it and then lick it. Thats a big piece of meat...I better hold it with my bare hands to really get the feel for it. I could go on and on. This observation kind of ruined it for Tae, so I hope it doesn't spoil your fun. But seriously...it should be drinking game or something; every time Guy inappropriately touches the food, take a shot. You will probably only last one episode. =)

    Anyways, enjoying reading your blog!!!

    Kimber

    ReplyDelete