Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Date Night

For months now Tommy has been asking to go to Stimulus Tuesday. Before you get carried away, let me clarify that this is an event held at the Wynnsong 16 movie theatre in Johnston. Every Tuesday all movies are $6 and soda and popcorn are $1. I was having a moment of panic earlier in the week realizing that my child was going to be here soon, and we should do things now that we will not be able to do (or at least as easily) come February. (See upcoming post regarding our Thanksgiving vacation we booked this week).

So last night we both hurried home from work, put on our best sweat pants and sweat shirt, headed for a quick dinner at Texas Roadhouse, and sat down just in time for the start of the movie MoneyBall. Considering Tommy didn't get home until 6:15, we were in a huge hurry to eat and make it to a 7 o'clock showtime. We made it to the theatre by 7:10 and still sat through 10 minutes of previews. The movie was excellent. Time with my hubby doing something he always wants to do was amazing. And dinner was delicious. Being the dutch girl that I am, I was most pleased by the fact that our date night cost only $30. We shared a steak meal at Texas Roadhouse so our bill was only $15. Our tickets to the movie were $12 total. We shared a popcorn and each  got our own soda.

If you are looking for something fun to do with your special someone during the week, I highly suggest Stimulus Tuesdays. Tommy is already asking me if I want to go again next week. :-) Maybe we'll see you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment