Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I am T minus three hours from spending the most non-traditional Thanksgiving with my in-laws that I can imagine, and I CANNOT wait.

In just a few short hours Tommy and I will be boarding a direct flight to Vegas, staying in the beautiful MGM Signature, eating Thanksgiving Dinner at the Bellagio and finishing up our last minute plans for our Friday shopping.

I read an article online that stated that the sales are supposed to be up several million dollars this year for Black Friday. The only reason I can imagine they would be is because everything cost way more this year than in years previous.  We had three big purchase items for this year. We are definitely purchasing a new laptop on Friday at Costco.com.  It is a bit more than we wanted to spend, but it has all the bells and whistles that we want. We are probably not going to buy a snowblower. Mostly because they really are not on sale. They were 10% off a few weeks ago at Lowes. In the meantime we picked up another 10% off coupon to Lowes, so we could get nearly 20% off on any day of the week. This appears to be better than any deal for Friday. I am hopeful we still find a camera to purchase. We have been a little more particular about finding one just because we plan on taking lots of photos of BGT and if she is a quick mover then we want to have a camera that will be good for kids photos. With so many options its hard to determine what features we need and what we do not. I leave the electronics to my savvy Asian husband. Fingers crossed we find something. Other than that, Friday shopping will just probably be a quick trip to the Fashion Show Mall (Probably 5am to 8am) and pick up a few things we do not need.

We also have plans on going to the Grand Canyon. I am very excited about this! I am excited to see my in laws (hard to believe, right?!) and I am excited to spend lots of time with my hubby!

Today I finally ordered new carpet for the upstairs bedrooms which will be measured while I am in Vegas. I picked up the paint for my bedroom (Behr's Polar Drift) and BGT's nursery (Behr's Lilac Champaigne). I am excited to show you before and after photos. Here is hoping the crib arrives soon! I am glad things are coming together since BGT's arrival is only ten weeks away.

Above all, I'm so thankful for wonderful family, healthy pregnancy, a job that provides well for my family, my truly wonderful and amazing friends, and my very patient and kindhearted husband!! Remember to be thankful for everything you have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment