Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Heart The Olympics!

I love the Olympics. I always forget how much I love them and then I spend two solid weeks planted in front of the TV, realizing that I may have missed my calling as an olympic gymnast.

I remember watching the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona (this was back when the scoring was on a logical 10 point scale and when I was apparently oblivious to all the drama that comes with womans' gymnastics). After watching Kim Zmeskal in '92 I spent the next few months doing cartwheels and roundoffs in my parents' basement pretending I was practicing for the 96 olympics.

Ironically, I just googled Kim Zmeskal to find out about all her accomplishments. As it turns out, she only won one Olympic medal?!? She even beat out Kerri Strug to make the team that year (And as we all know- things turned out well for Ms. Strug in 96). Even when my friends were over and we played gymnastics- I'd make them be Kerri, and I was Kim.

I also love sand volleyball. I have a minor crush on Phil Dalhausser and Misty May Treanor. Kerri Walsh is okay too. I am excited to see more of the swimming! The Olympics is so exciting even Tommy is cheering on the Americans! (who could blame him when the Japanese men's gymnastics team was throwing yens at the judges?! What a crazy sport!).

USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment