Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that for the last two years I have been paying less than $90 a month for my tv and internet. This includes high def, a dvr, and the fastest Internet mediacom offers. I'm also thankful that my two year contract is almost up. Mama's going to spoil for another dvr and more channels (gotta watch my Guiliana and Bill on Style!).

I'm thankful that while Emi has been sick over the past few days Tommy and my mom have been able to help take care of her. Tommy took off Friday, my mom took Monday and I had her on Tuesday. I'm thankful for the moments when Emi just only wants me and wants me within ten feet of her at all times, but I'm also thankful that doesn't happen that often. Its the sweetest most annoying thing she has ever done.

I'm thankful that I am a forgiving person so when a coworker says to me "Good thing I bring all this money into the firm so they can turn around and pay it to you" I can tell that person I'm unimpressed with their comment and move on. On a related note... WTF?!?

I'm thankful for Urgent Care clinics. Oh wait, no I'm not!!! I went to Urgent Care last night. First, I tried to get into my regular doctor who confirmed I had not seen them since early 2010 (what- I was pregnant in 2011 and saw my obgyn for my physical in 2012- no need to go to regular doctor). And when they told me they couldn't get me in for 5 days... I remembered why I never go to the doctor! I went into Urgent Care. The doctor informed me I may have bronchitis or I may have a sinus infection... he wasn't really sure. What he was sure about was I was the second to the last patient of the day and it was time for him to wrap up his day. I was happy when he decided to prescribe me mediation, but not happy when he said it would be amoxicillin. I said "Does it matter that I'm allergic to penicillin?" Doctor: "Oh yes, you cannot have amoxicillin then." Great. Thanks for reading my chart.... not. In the Doctor's defense, the chart he had in front of him did not show the patient was allergic to penicillin because the chart he had in front of him was not my chart!!! I figured this out as I was walking out with my prescription that said it was for the patient in the room next to me!! The nurse went back to have him rewrite it and the doctor forget to sign the right prescription. He called me at home at 10pm last night to give me a heads up that the pharmacy wouldn't accept the prescription he wrote so he would be calling it in in the morning. Seriously! No wonder the doctor was old and still worked in Urgent Care at 9pm at night and had overgrown eyebrows. (Ok- the overgrown eyebrows had nothing to do with it, but seriously, I had to majorly focus on what he was saying and tried to ignore the eye brows hanging in front of his eyeballs).

I'm thankful that my husband has finally seen the light and join the correct political party. Ok, he still can't vote (more of a citizenship issue and less of an age issue) but its nice to know he has finally seen the light. He's been so into the convention this week and talking about the speeches- I love it. On aside, I find the commercials suggesting Mitt Romney does not care about woman's issues because he doesn't want the government to pay for birth control or allow woman to abort their babies offensive. For the record, as a woman, I'm concerned about saving for my daughter's future, having jobs available for people who want to work, and paying less taxes. Thank you, Government, but I'll pay for my own birth control with the money I earn from the law practice that I built (with the help of my bosses), not you. (Wow- I didn't know I felt so passionate about that). I also find the male holding the 'Obama for Women" sign, well, fitting.

I'm thankful for the upcoming 4 day weekend! Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment