Monday, August 13, 2012

The Story of the Fly Away Balloons

On Saturday, I arranged to have family photos taken in honor of my parent's upcoming 40 Year Anniversary. I had some perfect ideas in mind, and I was especially excited to get some pictures of Emi and her adorable cousins Anthony and Samuel.

One idea was to get balloons to tie to the kids wrists. So, I stopped by the store and picked up two Mylar balloons and a big read heart.

It was almost time for the big moment to introduce the balloons to the kids. Like a good wife of forty years, my mom instructs my dad to go untie the balloons from the tree and does not remind him that he needs to hang on to the balloons. See, reminding him that he needed to hang on to the balloons would have insulted his intelligence but potentially saved the balloons. Not telling him to hang onto the balloons after he untied them from the tree saved his dignity... until he let go of the balloons.

Picture 1: You can see in the mirror my hands in my face like "did this really just happen?" Anthony looks up to see where the balloons he has been promised are going.

 Picture 2: In the mirror my hands are still in holding my face in disbelief. My dad looks up to see that while they were stuck in the tree momentarily they are now half way to heaven. Anthony looks nervously at his mom for direction.
 Picture 3: Anthony looks nervously at Grandma thinking "What are you going to do to get me those balloons?"  Grandma informs Anthony the only solution is to buy some more balloons later in the day after the photo shoot.
  Picture 4: Anthony glares and Grandpa. I think you can read his face. Sam discovers something in the mirror. Emi starts to sense the stress of the situation.
  Picture 5: Anthony is consoled by his Mom (while still glaring at Grandpa). "We'll get some more balloons later, lets just finish the photos." Emi starts sucking her thumb to soothe herself during the stressful situation.


So funny to see this play out in photos.

In other news, while none of those photos turned out, there are some great ones. They haven't been edited yet, so I'll be sure to post them when they do. In the mean time, here is a sneak peak:




Its hard to take a bad photo when you got three kids this cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment