Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jerks.


Remember how my last post stopped after "If only that were the end of the story...."

The end of the story involves these jerks:





(There were actually three indiviuals, but for some reason the third person's picture will not copy onto the blog- but since the third guy cooperated with the police so I feel okay not putting his picture on my blog).

After we attended the firework display (where my coat was ruined) we returned to my parents house. We got Emi out of the car, settled down, and went to bed. At about 3am somebody banged on the front door. It was the Clear Lake Police. They asked me to come look at my car because there was a suspected Burglary and my purse had been retrieved from the vehicle and they just couldn't figure out why these jerks had my purse. Well, they had my purse because they STOLE IT! Along with my gps, ipod, sunglasses, hotspot.... and so on and so forth. Don't worry, my ruined Northface jacket was safe inside!

Apparently these jerks were going around Clear Lake looking for vehicles to steal from. Another individual saw them stealing, reported it to the police, who put out a watch for a vehicle. The vehicle was stopped for suspicion of burglary by the Mason City Police. As the officer approached the vehicle, he saw my purse sitting on one of their laps. Inside my purse was about half of the belongings which included my business card with both my maiden and married names. The officers were able to then track me to my parents house in Clear Lake where I could identify what was left of my property. One of the suspects fessed up to the burglaries and identified all the other vehicles that were stolen from as well so those people were able to get what was left of their belongings (see- they could only identify me because of my purse. Everybody else they would have never known who it belonged to until they called in to report it stolen.).

Two of the jerks are still sitting in jail awaiting their initial appearance later this week. Unfortunately I didn't get all my property back. I am working with the County Attorneys Office to try to recover anything else I can from these jerks- since you know, my deductible on my home owner's policy (it goes on home owner's not on vehicle sine it is loss of personal property) is $1000. This is approximately the value of my property that was stolen. These jerks will probably be out of jail by the weekend and be slapped with a year or two of probation with no additional jail time, never pay their court costs, and never pay me restitution.

Somedays our justice system feels so.... unjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment