Monday, December 24, 2012

The.Best.Ever.

I saw this picture the other day on Facebook:


What do you think when you see this picture? This is what I think!

"Wow! It looks like my cousin and my cousins' kids are having a good time sledding. But nothing will ever beat sledding with my cousins when we were kids." Why's that, you ask?

My cousins Micheal, Missy and Jason lived on a farm in southeast Iowa. One year for Christmas while the adults played Rook at the kitchen table, my cousins, sister and I went sledding on the farm.  We tried a few trips town on the toboggan on the steep hill by the hog shed. But let's face it, a few times of that and the fun isn't worth the cold.  That's when my cousins said to my sister and I "Follow us. We found a car hood and mattress that somebody threw in the ditch on the farm. We turned the car hood upside down, threw the mattress on it, and hooked it up to the 4-wheeler." Let's really go sledding."

My cousin, Michael, took the seat on the 4-wheeler while my cousins Missy, Jason and my sister, Erin, and I hopped on the mattress in the back. We spent the afternoon sledding up and down acres of farmland covered with fresh white snow.

I distinctly remember my cousin going over backwards on the 4-wheeler at least once while going up a steep hill. I kind of can't believe we laid on that old dirty mattress. But to this day it is one of my favorite memories with my cousins.

The.Best.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment