Monday, December 31, 2012

The First Day of the Fifth Year

Today is the first day of the fifth year (not to be confused with the last day of this year) which means that yesterday was the last day of the fourth year- which was Tommy and my Fourth Wedding Anniversary!

Tommy spent the day at the movies with his brother. I ran a few errands and played with Emi. Tommy got home around 630, and we left Emi with his family so we could go have dinner.

Tommy had asked me where I wanted to go. Sure we were in a big city with lots of different and good options for dining, but after being away from home for ten days, I wanted something familiar. So we went to our favorite- Houston's Restaurant. And it did not disappoint.

Houston's is kind of our place. When we first dated and lived in Lawrence we would eat at Houston anytime there was something to celebrate. And Houston's did not disappoint this time! Tommy got the ribs and I got the chicken strips and we shared our dinners. During dinner Tommy got up to "wash his hands" but really he went to tell our waiter it was our anniversary and to bring us a special dessert. So after we finished our meal the waiter brought us a brownie and some ice cream on top. The waiter served it with a candle- which still makes me wonder whether the waiter misunderstood and thought it was my birthday. Regardless, it was a sweet! (Pun intended!)

By the time we got done eating I would normally insist on going home right away. I'm such a homebody. Tommy suggested that we go to Dave & Buster's instead. I'm not much into arcade games, but I must admit, we had a lot of fun. We shot baskets, played Deal or No Deal, Connect 4,  The Price is Right and more! Every time we would pick a number or pull a lever in a game- we would say "This is for Emi!" Or "Pick 2- that's Emi's number." I'm not really sure why 2 is Emi's number (other than to represent her birth month) but it now is.

As we headed home well past the 11pm hour, we arrived safely to Tommy's parent's house to find little Emi waiting up for us!

It was a lovely ending to a lovely year. And so far the first day of the fifth year is looking swell also.

Happy Anniversary, My Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment