Friday, October 19, 2012

Apple or Pumpkin?

I went to a conference the other day. "In A Bag" A corporate lunch service company, provided sack lunches for the event. At the bottom of my bag sat this:



I made mention to my coworker about this apple pen. She said "That's a pumpkin." I was stunned. Is she blind? She kept insisting it was a pumpkin. It got worse. People agreed with her. I did a silent poll at the office that looked something like this:



To resolve the issue, I looked up the phone number for In A Bag and one of the secretaries called it.
ITB: "Hello, In A Bag."
Secretary: "Yes, you know those pens you serve in your lunch bags- are those apples or pumpkins?"
ITB responding like this was a total normal question to call in about: "It's an apple."
Secretary: "Okay. Thank you."


My coworker then turned to me and said "But how'd you know that was an apple?"
Me: "Because it is red and shaped like an apple."

No comments:

Post a Comment