Thursday, October 27, 2011

Asian Heritage

Now that I'm Asian, I have really gotten in touch with Asian heritage. Actually, nothing Japanese.... just Chinese. That includes the Chinese Birth Chart and the Chinese Astrology.

Chinese Birth Chart:


Even though the Chart clearly states that its only for entertainment value- I believe its true. I had a little doubt when my sister reported to me her child's rapid heart rate and change in pregnancy symptoms as compared to her eldest child when the chart said my sister was having a boy. I generally relate the higher heart rate to girls as well as the fact her pregnancy was nothing like when she was pregnant with her first child, a boy. I was convinced it was a girl. I should have never doubted the birth chart because the results are now in, and it is a boy. Again, the link to the chart can be found HERE.

Chinese Astrology:


To access the information I am explaining, click HERE.

Most of you are familiar with the Chinese Astrology which has 12 distinct personalities associated with the animal of that year. The beginning of the 2012 Chinese New Year is January 23. If things go as planned- Tommy and I will be having a Dragon. (In fact, lots of people are having Dragons because last year I was spreading the news about how wonderful Dragon babies are supposed to be. There is still time people- make those Dragon babies!!!).  Anyway, I also recently learned (thanks to this website I found) that there are also "internal" personalities which dictate what motivates you (as opposed to the year which tell how you present yourself to others). Because our child is going to probably be born in February, she will present herself as a Dragon, but she will internally be motivated by the qualities of the Tiger. (Tommy's reaction when I informed him: "Oh, a Tiger, just like my dad, this is great!).  The website goes on to explain that even the hour you are born affects your personalty. This is why even though there are only 12 years, there are thousands of types of people. Anyway, since we don't know the hour our daughter will be born- I can only tell you she is a Dragon-Tiger. What I learned tonight is that I'm a Pig-Dragon and Tommy is a Rooster-Dragon. How ironic is it that Tommy and I are both internally motivated like Dragons and are now having a Dragon?! Wow- if I keep reading, I may almost have myself convinced of this Chinese Astrology!

How do you present yourself and what motivates you?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment