Saturday, October 15, 2011

Isn't it Ironic?

Today while I was at work I was starving for lunch. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 1130. I decided to keep working until 1pm to "avoid" the lunch rush. At 1, I finally left to get lunch and it was like people couldn't move fast enough. I decided to get some soup at Panera. I was third in line and there were three cashiers. In the time it took the people in front of me to order with their separate cashiers I had ordered, picked up my food and walked out the door. Seriously, Panera's menu hasn't changed much in years. These people had to have known that eventually they would need to pay for their meal which should prompt them to start opening their wallets while ordering (multi-task much?!). I thought- my God, what do these people do that they have so much time on their hands? Then I went to McDonalds to get an iced tea. Forget the drive- thru, there were no less than 10 cars in line. I opted to go inside. There was nobody in front of me. All I ordered was an iced tea, but of course they had to fill it up behind the counter rather than giving me a glass. This resulted in me waiting another five minutes for the "drink filler" person could fulfill my order while the "order taker" person stood in front of the cash register patiently waiting for his next customer! I kept telling myself to slow down. I needed to enjoy the few minutes I was away from the office- but these people were driving me nuts!!

Now Compare:

Tommy and I have not purchased our baby furniture yet. We have something in mind which we will probably order, but we just want to love it a little more than we do. I asked last night if we ordered that furniture when it would be delivered. The salesman told me end of February!! I told him the baby would be here by then and I would need it sooner than that. He told me I should have ordered it a month ago?! What?!

Tommy and I have not found a daycare provider yet. My neighbor who happens to own a daycare in Johnston reminded me at the neighborhood party (about 4 weeks ago) that the wait list for newborns at her center was end of March! What?! How do these people even know their pregnant and have signed up for daycare?! 

It seems like I need to find a happy medium for procrastinating on some things while rushing through others. 

How do you find your balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment