Monday, October 31, 2011

10 Things...

(I feel somewhat guilty about writing about the amazing weekend I had. One of my best friends, Mindy, had to rush one of her triplets to the hospital after performing infant CPR. Her daughter is scheduled to go to surgery tomorrow. If you do not follow her blog click HERE.)

Here are 10 Places I went this weekend:

I stopped at my two favorite places in Pella:

HERE:


and


HERE:


I ordered some dried beef and dried beef dip at Ulrichs. At Jaarsma's, I picked up some dutch letters. They now dip them in chocolate- its like they knew I was coming! Seriously, picking up treats like this for my hubby adds years to my marriage.

After our stop in Pella, we headed to see her:


On our way to see my grandma, my Uncle Don and Aunt Bonnie called. They had just closed on a new house, and we begged for a tour. My Aunt and Uncle have lived on the farm for nearly 40 years. The house they bought is on a golf course in town. Its absolutely beautiful, and I am so happy for them. It is so crazy to think that this is their new home because I have only known them to live on the farm. I could see the joy in their faces for the new home, and it was truly wonderful to see them so happy.

After we left Oskaloosa, we headed to Williamsburg. My mom needed to stop in that part of the state for business, so we decided to shop as well. I bought all of this for BGT and then some:


Actually, this doesn't include all the things I bought her. I know that seems overboard, and it was, but let me tell you how this only cost me $31.  First, I picked up a pink hooded sweat shirt with sweat pants, three piece pj set and bow shirt at Carters. My mom had a coupon for 25% off of $40. Her and I combined our orders (She was picking up things for BBA (baby boy aldridge). She picked up my part of the tab too for BGT. Then we headed to Gap. I had a 25% off of a $75 purchase. I picked up a winter coat thing, owl top, jeans and a pair of socks. My mom picked up the exact same items but in boy colors for BBA. I had a $35 store merchandise credit for my half of the tab. Then we headed to Children's Place. I had 25% off my purchase. They had on clearance summer items for $2.99 a piece. I picked up two dresses, five onsie top things (i really need to learn this baby lingo), a sweat shirt and a purple sweatsuit outfit. With my coupon it was only $31. Amazing!! For those of you concerned that I am unaware of my daughter's due date and why I have a turkey top- its not a Thanksgiving shirt. Its a short sleeved shirt that says "Spread Peace" on it. I tried to buy different sizes that will match the seasons. It was fun to pick up so much for such a great deal!

After I had done enough damage for the day, I headed home.

I had been eyeing the Nebraska Furniture Mart add all week because of my need want of some items. I called my mom at 10pm on Saturday and asked her if we would be nuts if we went to NFM on Sunday. She said we were nuts anyway so why not. I am SO GLAD I went. I did some serious damage- but I got some great things.

I had been trying to find this master bedroom set that I had seen previously. I was under the impression that they only had the bed and not the dresser. To my pleasant surprise, I found they carried the bed, dresser and night stands I had been wanting- and it was on sale. We purchased that. We also purchased a rocker for the baby's room and a baby mattress. I would post pics but most of my items aren't being delivered until December 2. Good thing because I have a mattress to purchase yet, get new carpet, and paint two bedrooms. I cant wait to post before and after pics (didn't I promise some of other rooms like last February?!).

In Omaha, we stopped at one of our favorite places to eat:



Have you ever eaten at Five Guys? Its fantastic!

I got home last night around 8pm. I could have probably used a nice calm weekend at home to catch up on some sleep. But I had a fantastic time, and I am so excited about my purchases!

And for those of you worried about whether I really went 10 places... let me count them for you: Ulrich's, Jaarsma's, Grandma's, Don and Bonnie's, Carter's, Gap, Children's Place, Home, NFM, and Five Guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment