Monday, May 21, 2012

Emi's Big Brothers!

Little did I know when I signed Emi up for daycare at Sherry's that I was also signing her up for 3 big brothers. Sabastian, age 4, (not to be confused with the lobster from the Little Mermaid), Jayce, 22 months, and Carter, 14 months have taken Emi on as their little sister according to Sherry.  In particular, the boys will all be playing together and hear Emi make a noise. The boys drop what they are doing and run over to Emi and find her pacifier and a rattle to entertain her. So precious. Sherry tells me Emi will just smile at them and laugh. That's my girl!!

It reminds me when my mom was watching Emi and my nephew, Anthony.  One morning I walked in with Emi in her carseat with my cell phone an keys sitting on her legs. Anthony rushed over to Emi to give her a kiss. When he saw my personal items sitting on Emi, he immediately grabbed them, glared up at me and scolded "That's too heavy for Emi, Auntie Dawn!"

As I dropped Emi off this morning at daycare and drove away I felt so free. I kept dreaming of all the errands I could easily run without Emi, but no places were open except my office. And then 15 minutes later when I arrived at work I missed her. A lot.

On aside, Caprice came over to take some pictures of Emi over the weekend. I have yet to get them posted on the blog. Emi was pulling some major attitude on Caprice when Caprice said to me "Woah! That look she just gave me is a nasty look I've seen your husband give before when I was taking your pictures and he thought my idea was stupid."  What is sad is my mom said Emi gave her he same look before too! Now Emi had to have learned that somewhere! And I haven't heard anybody say those were my dirty looks!

Here are a few teasers from the photoshoot:






No comments:

Post a Comment