Tuesday, May 1, 2012

White Chips or Brown Chips?

Last night I was reading to Emi when  I got to the end of the book and my darling daughter was still awake. I thought about getting up to get another book, but I thought best not to disrupt her even more so I decided to tell her the following story:

It was Fall 2003. Mommy lived in Lawrence, Kansas, finishing her final year of college. Mommy lived in an apartment with a friend. Daddy knew Mommy's neighbors so often came over to Mommy's neighbor's house. Daddy than realized he recognized Mommy because we shared a mutual friend, Mommy's roommate from her first year of college.

Daddy kept coming over to Mommy's apartment because Mommy's roommate was a blond with huge boobs that she always failed to cover up because he thought Mommy was a real catch. Soon Daddy asked Mommy out on their first date.

Daddy and Mommy went to California Pizza Kitchen at the Plaza in Kansas City. Mommy and Daddy sat in the first booth in the restaurant where we ordered spinach and artichoke dip as an appetizer. The waitress served our dip with multicolored chips.

The conversation was getting quiet so Mommy looked at the chips, thought for a moment and looked at Daddy and said "Do you like white chips or brown chips better?" What Daddy heard was "Do you like white chicks or brown chicks better?"  Needless to say, Daddy had quite the look on his face.  We soon realized we weren't talking about the same things.


And the rest is history....

I'm quite sure Emi laughed during this part of the story, but I'm also sure she was laughing because Tommy and I still nearly have tears in our eyes from laughing so hard every time we are reminded of this story.

Here is a pic from Emi and I this past week. What a doll!

1 comment:

  1. She's looking more little girl than baby! Um.. that story cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete