Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to ME!

I had a quiet but wonderful Mother's Day! I woke up around 430 to Emi talking to the Owls in her crib. I got up and got her bottle ready. I thought about going back to sleep around 5am but I wasn't that tired. On Saturday, I had gone to Oskaloosa to visit "GG" a/k/a Grandma Vos, or Great Grandma Vos to Emi because she is in the hospital with pneumonia. I'm glad I went to visit her, but that means I did not get anything done on Saturday. I decided since I was up and not tired on Sunday morning I went into the office with Emi to get work done. Emi entertained herself so nicly while I worked. I got al my work done by 8:15 so we headed to Starbucks, HyVee for a last minute Mother's Day gift and were even 15 minutes early to church.

Church is a big treat to Emi. A whole new batch of people to smile and talk to! After church Tommy, Emi and I took my mom, dad and Anthony to Chips for brunch. If you have not been, I highly recommend. For the price ($17 a person, kids under 5 are free!) you really cant beat it! Lots of options!

Tommy gave me my Mother's Day present which as perfect! He vacuumed and washed my car. There had been a few breast milk spillage incidents that had not really been cleaned up effectively. Added to the fact that I eat crispix cereal every morning in the car, which apparently only half of which eventually makes it into my mouth, it was quite messy!

I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day as much as I did!

Emi and her cousins with GG!

 GG says "Now I've never had a great grandchild that looked like this!"

Also, on Saturday I went to Tony's "Blast Ball" game. The only indication that a baseball game was going on was the fact that the kids had matching shirts on!


No comments:

Post a Comment