Friday, May 11, 2012

Funny Conversations

Tommy holding up a pair of shorts while at TJ Maxx: "Should I get these?"
Me: "Are you sure you want to get white?
Tommy: "Yah, I like white."
Me: "Okay, just be sure not to wear them while you're having your period."

Anthony to me while I am walking in the house: "Hi, Auntie Dawn Oh, Emi is here! I love you Emi!"

Later in the day, he insisted that my mom, Emi and him sit on one side of the booth together and I sat on the opposite side. By myself.



Me to Laura, a coworker: "The bosses don't know you're white."
Laura: "What?! What do they think I am?"
Me: "Native American."
Laura while laughing hysterically and in disbelief "What?!?!?"
Me: "Let's not tell them. They seemed so proud when they told me they hired a minority."

Mom: "How'd your day going?"
Me: "Ugh. Fighting over cattle sold in 2004 and an alleged 64 acres in a Guatemalan rain forest."
Mom: "What?"
Me: "Just another day, Mom."


On a completely unrelated note, Tommy and I took Emi to her first Farmers' Market on Thursday at Valley Junction. As we walked through the market I overheard people whispering "Look at that gorgeous baby!" I'm such a proud mama!



No comments:

Post a Comment