Monday, March 26, 2012

10 Things...

Here are 10 random thoughts:

1. I love stores that stay open until 930 pm. I was able to get most of my errands run tonight thanks to Babys R Us and TJ for staying up until 930.

2. Never ask a question you don't want to hear the answer to. I am reminding myself of this every day. My bosses never gave me any sort of expectation or rules for maternity leave. I feel like I have been fair in coming into work and getting things done. However, now I am also bringing Emi to work with me. I do not know how long they will be okay with me taking her to work, and I will never know because I'll never ask the question.

3. Today a got an email from a friend asking me about a name she is thinking for her child. I loved that she asked me and I loved contemplating it. She kindly pretended like my incoherent email about names made much sense and was helpful to her. I thought to myself- I should open a baby name consulting business. :-)

4. I think if I could live anywhere in the United States (besides Des Moines) that I would live in Las Vegas.

5. Did you know that they are opening a Whole Foods next to the Best Buy on University in West Des Moines?

6. Some days all I want to do on my blog is rag about a family member or coworker or random stranger or neighbor who has pissed me off. I never do, of course, at the risk that they would read about it on the blog. I'm so glad that I don't because I love rereading my blog posts, and I am glad that they are mostly positive.

7. The best thing I heard all week was from a coworker today who told me they couldn't see Emi's mouth but they could see her eyes and just by looking at her eyes they could tell she was smiling at me.

8. The moment I met Emi I was expecting to feel an overwhelming feeling of love for her. While I loved her even before I saw her, I mostly felt awkward when I met her and then guilty for not feeling that overwhelming love for her. Now each day I love her even more than the day before, and the only reason I know I am capable of loving more the next day is because I did the day before.

9. I feel really conflicted right now about my strong desire to spend all my time with my daughter as compared to the joy I get from my job. Many days I pretend I don't like my, and some days I really don't. But I kind of can't imagine doing anything else- except spending time with Emi.

10.  Tommy and I watched the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo over the weekend. Minus a very disturbing part where a girl is raped- the movie was excellent. I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment