Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Baby Product Review

Being a new mom of nearly 8 weeks now, and having a husband that researches the heck out of everything- I wanted to give you a little review of what I think of popular baby products.

Summer's Infant Video Monitor: I know I've raved about it before, but having a video monitor is SO wonderful. I remember first hearing about the existence of video monitors and feeling like they were so extravagant and nobody would ever need them- I was so wrong. Again, love being able to see Emi (can even see her chest move if I have decided I need to be worried about her breathing). Also, LOVE the speaker function allowing me to speak into her room. Lastly, the camera can fully scan the room up and down and around. The other night Tommy went into Emi's room to comfort her. I was laying in bed and decided I wanted to see what they were up to but not get out of bed. It was great scanning the room until I found them in the rocking chair- Tommy with a big grin into the camera. FAVORITE baby product that I own. (FYI- found this at kohls.com and used a 30% off coupon).

BOB SE Revolution stroller. We havent gotten a lot of use out of this stroller yet because we need to get the insert to allow us to jog with it while Emi is still young. We have taken her for a few walk since the weather has been so gorgeous. This stroller rocks. It seriously like pushes itself. If you are big into walking/jogging/running then I honestly cannot see how you would live without this bad boy. The negative is that it is somewhat pricey. Thanks to my generous friends and family who gave us target gift cards, we put every last one of them towards this. Also, Tommy was researching them one day and they went on sale at target.com online making them cheaper than amazon. So they do go on sale- just not that often.

City Jogger Mini Stroller. We opted out of the everyday stroller that the baby car seats go into and bought this stroller as our every day stroller. Even though it says its a jogger- thats the name brand- its actually not a jogger. This stroller is awesome too. I was a little hesitant in buying it because again it was a little more than I wanted to pay for a stroller, but Tommy insisted that there was nothing better on the market. Then we were at Baby's R Us and they had the orange color $50 off so we bought it. Even my mom, who doesn't really like anything, loves this stroller. It has an adjustable handle bar so if you are your significant other are not the same height you can both enjoy the stroller. Also, this thing folds up so flat its amazing. It hardly takes any room in the trunk. Also, you can fold it up in literally point two seconds. It rides so easy and you can use it from birth up which is nice. We found a lot of strollers you could not use until baby was two months.

Baby Play Mat. Emi LOVES Baby Einstein Play Mat (Thanks Van Der Veers!). This thing can entertain her for hours. I haven't ascertained whether when she hits the toys on the mat whether it was intentional or not. She loves smiling at herself in the mirror. Just wait til she finds out that baby in the mirror is her!

Avent Pacifier: You know, the cheap ugly green ones that they give you at the hospital. We had put some cute ones on the registry that one of my friends got us. And they are sitting in the drawer because she only wants the Avent Pacifier. At least they make it in other colors besides the green. Although I'll have to watch it because Tony already told me he wants the pink one for baby Sam!

Grass Drying Rack. I wish I could remember who gave me this because its probably my second or third favorite product that we have. If you breast feed (and pump) this thing is basically a must. It holds all the containers and pump parts to dry without taking up much room on the counter. My friend, Laura, a child expert, also has this drying rack and agrees its life changing.

Bjorn Baby Carrier. I wanted to love this, and I kind of did. I could wrap my little Emi in it and carry her around right next to me. Tommy- didn't so much love it. In fact, he complained after carrying her for five minutes in it that his back hurt too bad to go on. No wonder God chose women to carry babies and not men.

Bjorn bouncy chair. I keep Emi in this while I am at the office. Its cool because a child essentially learns to bounce themselves in it which is also good in developing their motor skills. She is starting to get more interested in this chair. Yet I still cannot tell if when she hits those toys whether its intentional or accidental. Its also good for her to take a nap in.



And now its time... its time for me to designate the WORST baby product ever. Everybody has it (including me) and my question is- WHY? The Boppy Pillow. They say its a must if you breast feed. I find a regular pillow works much better. Also, when we put Emi on her tummy, she does much better laying on one of us than that pillow. I cannot figure out why people love it so much.

In other news, Emi made her first political statement today. Her shirt says "Spread Peace." (Nice action shot of her losing her pacifier out of her mouth).



Emi is just now really showing an interest in other things. Even so- if she touches or interacts with one of the toys- its usually by accident. She'd much rather sleep (in my arms) and look at people's faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment