Monday, March 5, 2012

Easy-Going Emi

We had a great weekend! On Friday, Emi slept seven straight hours! I could not believe it when I woke up and the clock read 5:30am! I think Emi is learning that I do not stay awake well during the 2am-4am feedings generally leading Emi and I to both fall asleep within a few minutes into the feeding. I wake up hours later not really sure when I fed her and for how long. Then I go to move her and she wakes up and is hungry. I think she may be giving up on me during those hours...

On Saturday we took Emi on her first trip out of Iowa. We went to Omaha. Omaha never fails us. We always find what we are looking for even shopping at the same stores as they have in Des Moines. We found our "everyday" stroller. It came in a variety of colors but the orange one was significantly cheaper than the prettier other colors. Orange is growing on me...

Sunday marked Emi's first bottle. Until Sunday I had been nursing Emi the entire time (you should know this from all my complaining on this blog). Tommy gave her a bottle Sunday morning. She looked at him for about two seconds trying to figure out what was going on. I stood by ready to grab her and any second to save her from her hunger as to remain the only source that could feed her. Well, she tasted the bottle, decided she loved it, and the rest was history. For now, she is still willing loves to nurse as well so I can feel a little needed yet.



Also, Saturday marked Emi's one month! My little girl is growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment