Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful Emi is still exercising some wonderful sleeping habits. On Tuesday night she "slept through the night." She slept from 1130 pm to 630am. Now, don't get me wrong, she doesn't do this every night. In fact, this is only the second time she has slept for 7 straight hours. However, I still think this qualifies me as being one of those annoying proud moms who can tell people "My child was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks."

I'm thinking about getting Emi established is a routine sometime soon. The routine is really up to her (since I've learned there is nothing you can get a newborn to do to make life easier) but some consistency for all of us would be nice. In an effort to work towards this routine I put Emi in her own room last night. (Also wanted to put her in her own room last night because Tommy and I wanted to do something that we couldn't do if we had her in the room- open the windows and turn the fan on- what'd you think I was talking about?)

I'm thankful for the video monitor we have.  We gave Emi a bath, I fed her and then put her in the crib. I laid down in bed and gave Tommy a play-by-play of every one of her movements for the next thirty minutes which in all seriousness he really appreciated it. Emi is quite the chatter box, even in her sleep, therefore its so wonderful to have a video monitor to know if the noises that she is making are worthy of me getting my butt out of bed to check on her. Its almost like Emi knew exactly where the camera was on her bed because I swear she was giving us dirty looks because we had her in her own bed. The other thing I love about our monitor is that it has a "walkie-talkie" function. I can press a talk button and my voice is projected right into her room. I love it because when she starts to make a noise I can talk to her from the comfort of my own bed at 4am.

All in all, Emi handled the first night in her crib much better than Tommy. I asked him this morning if he slept well without Emi in the room. He said he slept the same therefore we needed to bring her back into the room tonight. I missed having her int he room as well, but somebody has to be the responsible one in the family and it looks like I'm going to have to be the one!

I'm also thankful that my nephew, Sam, will be arriving shortly. My sister is set to deliver on March 27. I remember Erin being so excited when Emi was born and I thought "I'm not sure I'll be that excited when Sam is born." Alas, the closer the time gets the more excitement I have for his arrival! I hope Emi enjoyed her reign!

Lastly, I'm excited for the family time Tommy, Emi and I had this afternoon. Tommy watched some basketball which put Emi and I right to sleep! Its hard to believe 6 weeks ago, when Emi was born, it was snowing!

I hope you are remembering you have lots to be thankful for this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment