Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

We have had a fairly typical  new typical type of day. Emi slept pretty well last night, but we still took our time getting out of bed this morning. Grandma Van Wyk brought us over some Jimmy John's for lunch, and Anthony came along and gave her a Valentine's kiss! This is progress for Anthony as he pretends like he likes Emi, but it is obvious he doesn't really care for her. When Anthony saw Emi in her Valentine's outfit he declared "What a Cutie!" I agree, Anthony!







We bought a new camera for Christmas, but I haven't had time to learned how to use it. Plus, I'm generally against reading user's manual. I was messing around with it today and found this "softening" feature. I love this picture it look of Emi.

Tommy took his mom to a movie for the evening. I'm staying at home working on Emi's baby book and finishing up a few things around the house. This is Emi's expression when I told her Daddy took Grandma Takekawa to the movies for Valentine's Day and left us at home.

This is Emi listening to me telling her that it is okay that Daddy took Grandma to the movies. This means we get to take a nap together and shop online for our own Valentine's day presents!

This is Emi five minutes later. She always falls asleep in my arms and makes it so tough to put her down to get things done. I just end up watching hours of tv so I don't have to disturb her. She says "Mommy, can I fall asleep in your arms so that I don't get one of those bald spots on the back of my beautiful dark hair?"

Okay, after an hour I finally put her down so I could get some stuff done. What is crazy is that the first week when I was home with her I didn't have any problem putting her down and handing her off to somebody to get stuff done. (I think I was just happy I could finally move around normally again and had some energy!). Now, I never want to put her down or give her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment